I had a lot of fun organizing MonsterMarch last year and I am happy to announce I am doing it again! If you have not participated in it or simply want to check how did it go last year, here is the link to all the blog posts where you can see how the projects evolved and what kind of miniatures people painted:
I would like to repeat the formula from last year so here it is, officially, an introduction to:
Monster March is an initiative to help and focus on assembling and painting any miniature you have in your collection that you can classify as Monster. The main theme is to choose a model from your favorite fantasy game or world but there were some great entries last year that were something else. There are no hard rules for it, so if you would like to participate just let me know what is your model of choice!
How to join?
The best way is to send me an email to this account:
This way I will be able to collect the photos you send me in a more efficient way. However, feel free to use twitter and facebook too.
FB: Pawel Mieczowski - Swordmaster
You can join at any time, even if the challenge is on its way. You can start with a completely new model but you can also pick up the one you have not finished painting yet!
How is it going to be organized?
As in the last year it is going to be divided into Weekly Challenges.
The idea is to have weekly goals to help with progress in assembling and painting. However, they are more like guidelines and a help for me to provide updates about particular stage. Feel free to provide your own weekly schedule and I will definitely include it in the updates.
For those who would like to follow the general approach, here are the weekly goals:
1. Official start and presentation of participants - I will be collecting the details of participants until Saturday 3rd March so that I can initiate the challenge on 4th March and present the participants. This the time for you to plan what would you like to paint, add any blog, website address for me to include etc.
2. Assembling and preparing the model - this goal is to be accomplished until 10th March. You should be able to assemble your models or parts of it, depending how you want to proceed with painting.
3. Painting Stage 1 - First week of painting! It will last until 17th March and may be all about basic colors for entire model. But may as well be about the first part you want to paint completely, as I know that large models require different approach too.
4. Painting Stage 2 - Second week of painting, until 24th March! You should be able to add some more details now, start building some definition to different areas or simply keep adding different parts to your model.
5. Painting Stage 3 - Third and final week of painting! It will end on 31st ofMarch and should see you finishing your model! It may be the time for adding a base too but don't worry if you don't! It is all about the model itself. You may want to take a few more photos than usual, presenting the model from different angles.
This year I will participate as well! If you read my reports you will have easy guess what I am going to paint :) I am already looking forward to it as the model waited way too long to be finished. Now it is the time!
I hope this year we will have a nice number of participants and who knows, maybe even more than last year :) I can't wait to see what you guys are going to paint this year so please, join the challenge!!