It has been ages since my last game of Kings of War so I am really happy to post this battle report! Even more so that this time I played against Simon, the gaming buddy from the times of Warhammer. We had a few games in Kings of War too. It was thus great to play another game, especially after a long break.
This time Simon decided to bring his Night Stalkers army, which he says he based on Forest Ghosts and Terrors model-wise. It would be fantastic to play against such an army from haunted forest with real models! For now, however, we were happy to play on Universal Battle. :)
One aspect of Kings of War I like a lot is that even in the frame of a single faction one can build various army lists that are significantly different from each other. It was certainly the case in here because I compared the force Simon created to those, for instance, that Jeff played with in our previous battles. It is truly amazing how many options are out there and it is a true testimony to a well designed game!
Here are the details of Simon's army (we played at 2000 points per side):
Night Stalkers - Army List
6 Butchers (B1), Horde, Large Infantry, Crushing Strength (2), Shambling, Brutal
- Shadow-Hulk (SH), Monster, 75 x 75mm base, Crushing Strength (3), Strider, Brutal, Speed 7
6 Butchers (B2), Horde, Large Infantry, Crushing Strength (2), Shambling, Brutal
- Butcher Fleshripper (F), Hero (Large Infantry), Crushing Strength (2), Nimble, Stealthy, Surge (3)
Butchers and Shadow Hulk are in Butcher's Block Formation.
20 Dopplegangers (D), Regiment, Infantry
- Terror (T), Monster, 75 x 75mm base, Crushing Strength (1), Ensnare, Regeneration (4+), Shambling, Stealthy
20 Scarecrows (S1), Regiment, Infantry, Shambling
- Portal of Despair  (PoD), War Engine, 75 x 75mm base, Advanced Deployment, Height 4
20 Scarecrows (S2), Regiment, Infantry, Shambling
- Horror (H), Hero (Infantry), Individual, Surge (6)
20 Phantoms (P), Regiment, Infantry, Crushing Strength (1), Fly, Shambling
- Funny Bone  (FB), Hero, Individual, Dread
3 Nightmares*, Regiment, Large Cavalry, Crushing Strength (1), Fly, Thunderous Charge (1), Windblast (5), This unit is not Stealthy