Saturday 23 February 2019

Monster March 3 - Introduction

 

Hello!

Time flies! It is always the similar feeling when March approaches very fast every year. However, one of the ideas behind the Monster March is to help progressing your hobby projects. Especially when real life interferes and that it may seem that you lack time more than ever before.

It is thus my pleasure to announce:

#MonsterMarch3

As in the years before, it the opportunity to get back to your big projects that perhaps were sidetracked. Or to start something that you kept postponing simply because the undertaking seemed to be too big (quite literally too!).

Monster March idea is about the big model you would like to assemble and paint. As in the years before, it does not need to be the model related to a fantasy system, game or world. Participants brought all sorts of ideas so feel free to participate with any model or models you want to paint!


The way I would like to organize the challenge did not change so forgive me copy-pasting the details from earlier posts.

How to join?
If you would like to participate then please, contact me through email:
swordmasterofhoeth@gmail.com
I have created that account especially for this event so that I can easily access all the details participants want to disclose and collect the photos in one place. 
You can also leave the message in the blog comments, via Twitter (@SwordOfHoeth) or Facebook (Pawel Mieczowski - Swordmaster). As long as you are able to send some pictures of what you intend to assemble and paint and document the progress, I will be happy to collect the photos and post them during weekly updates. 
 
What miniature can I paint?

There are no particular restrictions or rules. I wanted to start a challenge about broadly understood Fantasy large models -  monsters of some kind, ridden or not, from pretty much any system or range you can imagine. In fact, I would love to discover something I have never seen before thanks to your contribution!
Weekly Challenge

The idea of the challenge is to have weekly goals to help with progress in assembling and painting. However, they are more like guidelines and a help for me to provide updates about particular stage. But you can always join at any stage of the challenge, finish any part of the miniature at any time that suits you the best. Feel free to provide your own weekly schedule and I will definitely include it in the updates.
For those who would like to follow the general approach, here are the weekly goals:
1. Official start and presentation of participants - I will collect the details of participants until Saturday 2nd March so that I can initiate the challenge on 3rd March and present the participants. This the time for you to plan what would you like to paint, add any blog, website address for me to include etc.
2. Assembling and preparing the model - this goal is to be accomplished until 9th March. You should be able to assemble your models or parts of it, depending how you want to proceed with painting.
3. Painting Stage 1 - First week of painting! It will last until 16th March and may be all about basic colors for entire model. But may as well be about the first part you want to paint completely, as I know that large models require different approach too.
4. Painting Stage 2 - Second week of painting, until 23rd March! You should be able to add some more details now, start building some definition to different areas or simply keep adding different parts to your model.
5. Painting Stage 3 - Third and final week of painting! It will end on 31st March and should see you finishing your model! It may be the time for adding a base too but don't worry if you don't! It is all about the model itself. You may want to take a few more photos than usual, presenting the model from different angles.
Hopefully we can get nice number of participants so please, distribute the message about MonsterMarch among your friends!
Feel free to offer advice and suggestions on the way and if possible I will do my best to implement them!
Thanks for reading and I hope to see you in March! :)

16 comments:

  1. I'm up for Monster March this year:

    https://tabletopapocalypse.blogspot.com/

    I'll be trying to paint up a Shadowsword Super-Heavy tank for the event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome on board! Great to see you participating again. I have just checked your models for Squandry, awesome looking models, well done indeed!

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I'm determined to actually finish this time.

      I'm going to put up an official post with my Monster March pledge tomorrow with a link here, so hopefully some more people will see it and enter!

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Blazmo! You chose a fantastic model and I am sure you will finish ppainting it this time!

      Delete
  2. Count me in! I'll aim to finish my Tyranid Hierophant Bio-Titan, the mother of all monsters!

    Updates on the blog: http://berserkerbladeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ed!

      Excellent! Bio-Titan it is :) Great to have you back too!

      Delete
  3. I'll join too!

    My goal will be a pathfinder dragon as vampire lord on dragon for Kings of War.
    More info and updates:

    kingsofwarvince.business.blog/2019/02/27/sorry-brotherhood-monster-march-is-coming/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome on board, Vince!

      I am very happy to see some models for Kings of War too! Many thanks for the blog post as well.

      It seems we will have nice number of participants, I am looking forward to seeing all the updates!

      Cheers!

      Delete
    2. https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/772172.page;jsessionid=2F142837B93BD4F16819FD098FB27FED

      Posted there too!

      Delete
    3. Thanks a lot for that post, Vince! I greatly appreciate your help! We have quite a few participants and I will be posting about all the entries tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, I was away for the weekend and have just returned.

      Delete
  4. Monster march! Some how I've missed this in the past, despite catching on to Dreadtober and Squaduary. I think I'll build and paint an Adeptus Titanicus Warlord Titan in the heraldry of Legio Tempestus...hopefully a decently monster sized model for the challenge.

    Look for posts on https://262krieg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome DAM!

      Great to see the regular participant of painting challenges joining Monster March! I am very intrigued about your project! Adeptus Titanicus looks like a fantastic game and if they ever release Eldar Titans I may not resist the temptation any longer :)

      Warlord Titan is a fantastic choice for sure and I am looking forward to checking your progress soon!

      Cheers!

      Delete
  5. Oh well, I need a kick to paint some models, I'm in again:

    www.desilentioumbrae.blogspot.com

    I got a small monster this time, a Nurgle Bloat drone!
    Hope it suits, thanks to host again MM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome on board, stats! Nurgle Bloat drone is a very good choice!

      Delete
  6. Agh, looks like I missed this at least "officially"...
    I will still probably get a new Shieldwolf "Wartoad" Cavalry model done this month though. Part-made and part undercoated only right now, but I do need some hobby supplies to convert him properly though, so it will depend if I can purchase them in time to paint him up by the end of the month!
    Not sure if the model is big enough to count as a "Monster" though too, but it is on a 40x40mm base.

    So I guess, entry pending if I can get the supplies I need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Image of him so far:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/163122721@N04/49644793422/in/dateposted-public/

      Delete