It is my pleasure to invite you to the seventh season of the Monster March painting challenge! As in all previous years, the goal is to pick a modelling and painting project to be completed over the course of a month of March. While the main theme is to focus on anything that is BIG, it is really about using the opportunity to model and paint whatever you may wish to do at this time. Previous years proved that it can be very motivating to participate in such challenge, as mutual support of other hobbyists kept everyone going. I highly recommend you check the outcomes of the projects submitted in the previous years. Here are the links:
If you would like to join (and I hope you do!), then please, continue reading to learn about the details.
How can I join?
There are a few ways you can join:
1. Email - you can contact me at email@example.com
2. Twitter - I can be reached at Twittre at @SwordOfHoeth
3. Facebook - you can find me at "Pawel Mieczowski - Swordmaster". I am going to post links to the updates on various FB groups.
Please, choose the way you would like to stay in touch. Let me know you would like to participate and what model or models you pledge to paint.
What miniature/model can I paint?
I started this challenge a few years ago as a motivation to paint a fantasy monster. However, you are more than welcome to choose any model or models you want to paint. It can be something completely new or something that you haven't finished yet. It is really entirely up to you!
To keep the motivation level high, I am going to provide weekly updates on my blog. I am going to collect the photos from the participants during the week and post an update every Sunday.
You can join at any time! Just keep me posted that you want to join and I will add you to the list of participants.
For those who are joining with a completely new project, the following plan proved to be quite helpful:
1. Introduction of the Participants and their projects. - I will collect the information from the participants about their projects until 5th March. Feel free to let me know if you are going to use your own blog or website to post photos of the progress, so that I can provide the links in the updates. I will post the first update on 4th March.
2. Assembling and preparing the model. - the first week of the challenge is often dedicated to assembling and preparing your model for painting. I will post updates on this stage on 12th March.
3. Painting - Part 1. - the second week of the challenge, base colours! The update on this part will be posted on 19th March.
4. Painting - Part 2. - the third week, time to go into more details! The update will be posted on 26th March.
5. Final update. - the fourth and last week of the challenge. Time to finish the model, the base etc. I will post the final update on 2nd April.
I hope you will join this challenge and I am looking forward to seeing the entries this year!
See you soon!