Sunday 13 February 2022

Monster March 6 - Introduction


 

Greetings!

It seems that the time of the year when all sorts of monsters or simply big models would demand your attention is approaching fast! If you have not started thinking about your next BIG project yet, it is a perfect moment to do so.

Let's start, however, with a brief introduction of the Monster March. In general, it is a painting challenge, where you have a month of March to assemble and paint your chosen model or models. The main theme is, as the name suggests, a big model. Perhaps something monstrous for your fantasy collection/army? Or maybe something titanic for your Sci-Fi host? 

The main goal, however, is to use the opportunity to try and complete painting of whatever you like. And share the progress with your fellow participants. If you would like to get a better idea what kind of contributions and spectrum of models were chosen in the past challenges, here are the links to the posts from the previous years:

Monster March 1 - 2017

Monster March 2 - 2018

Monster March 3 - 2019

Monster March 4 - 2020 

Monster March 5 - 2021

I hope you are interested in participating! The way in which you can join and some more details regarding the challenge are described below:

How can I join?

There are a few ways you can join. Please choose the one that you like the most!

- Email - you can contact me at swordmasterofhoeth@gmail.com

- KoW Forum - There is a monthly painting topic on KoW Forum. The current topic is going to be renamed to Monster March 6 when the challenge officially starts. However, check it already, as there are some really cool models there: Painting Topic at KoW Forum

- Twitter - I can be reached at Twitter at @SwordOfHoeth

- Facebook - and you can also find me on FB at "Pawel Mieczowski - Swordmaster" I am going to post updates on various FB groups. 

All you need to do is to let me know you would like to participate, what model or models you intend to paint and start posting/sending pictures. 

 Please, use the preferred platform to post the updates (or send them to me directly) and I will be checking each of them regularly for the photo updates of your projects!


What miniature/model can I paint?

As mentioned before, the challenge started years ago as a motivation to paint a fantasy monster. However, all are welcome! In fact, if you are free to choose anything you like to paint and use the challenge as a motivation to continue. 

I always find it very inspiring to see how creative the participants are and in the past I even tried myself to paint something bigger than usual :)

What is more, it does not have to be a new model or project. Very often the participants picked something they have started some time ago and decided to come back to. In short, the choice is yours!


Weekly Challenge

To help to keep the motivation high and to share the progress with others, I will be providing updates every week on this blog. My plan is to collect the photos during the week and then post the update on Sunday. 

Please note that you may join at any time so if you missed the beginning of the challenge, there is no deadline! Feel free to join whenever you want!

If you happen to start a new model or project, you may want to follow the plan outlined below. However, it is really up to you how you organize your painting schedule. I am mentioning it simply because it helped me to be the most efficient and it seems that it also worked for some other participants too!

1. Start and the presentation of the participants and their projects - I am going to collect some information on the participants and their projects until Monday, 28th February. If you have your own blog or website where you are going to write about your project, please let me know and I am going to include the link in the updates!

2. Assembling and preparing the model - the first week of the challenge is often dedicated to assembling and preparing your model for painting. I will post updates on this stage on 6th March.

3. Painting stage 1 - It was often the first time when the participants started painting! I will write about the progress on that part on 13th March.

4. Painting stage 2 - in the past, the participants were going now into more details with their models. This part is going to be updated on 20th March.

5. Painting stage 3 - this was often quite exciting part of the challenge as some participants were able to get near the completion of their projects. This stage is going to be updated on 27th March.

6. Final update - I will be collecting photos of your final updates until 3rd April when I am going to post the summary of the challenge!

As you can see it is really simple! I hope you will join this challenge and I cannot wait what fantastic entries the participants are going to have this year!

See you soon in Monster March 6!



No comments:

Post a Comment