Tuesday 1 November 2016

KoW - 3D6 October - Introduction - 2016/11/01

Greetings!

Last Saturday (2016/10/29) I participated in a small local event organized by one of the stores in Canberra, THREE D6, as their bi-monthly Kings of War tournaments. 

It was my second event with Kings of War and I was really glad I could make it. Especially, that I haven't played with real miniatures for some time. 

The event was organized with Clash of Kings players pack, including the use of Chess Clocks! It was a good practice for me too, because I have had only a single game with imposed time limit so far. I hoped I would be able to finish my games in time and not to make too many mistakes in the process!

 I decided to take the very same army list I played with last time:

Outcasts - Army List

10 Stormwind, Regiment,
Maccwar’s Potion of the Caterpillar (Pathfinder) - 235
- 5 Silverbreeze, Troop - 145
- 5 Silverbreeze, Troop - 145
- Drakon Rider Lord, Hero, Large Cavalry - 160


3 Drakon Riders, Regiment - 180
- 5 Stormwind, Troops - 140

 - Army Standard, Hero, Mounted - 65

3 War Chariots, Regiment - 140
 - Army Standard, Hero, Mounted - 65
 
20 Palace Guard, Regiment - 150 
- 10 Palace Guard, Troop - 105
- Bolt Thrower, War Engine - 90
 
20 Sea Guard, Regiment - 170
- 10 Palace Guard, Troop - 105
- Elven Mage, Hero, Inspiring Talisman, Bane Chant(2) - 110
Model wise it is composed with units that are a cross section through the ages and painting styles I practiced at a time. It is a constant work in progress when I add or exchange units and the most recent one would be the regiment of drakons (almost finished!). 

It was also meant to be a practice for the upcoming event in January 2017, Australian Clash of Kings. 

In the end there were 8 players participating, which is a nice number for a one-day local tournament. This time, however, it happened that the armies represented were a bit less varied: 3 Elves, 2 Ogres, Varangur, Trident Realms and Empire of Dust. Despite that the composition of the respective forces seemed to be significantly different.

It was decided that with that amount of players we would have 3 rounds. It sounded perfect to me, as it allowed to have a lot of gaming experience and still have an evening free!

As an introduction to the usual reports I am going to present the army lists of my opponents in each round and corresponding deployments. You can check the results here: 3D6 October - Results as it will take some time before I finish all the reports. 

Game 1 - Elves - Mark

Elves vs Elves

Deployment.

Mark had:

40 Therennian Sea Guard, Horde, Wine of Elvenkind (nimble) - 320
- Dragon Breath, War Engine - 90
- Mage, Hero, Bane Chant (2), Inspiring Talisman - 110 

40 Therennian Sea Guard, Horde, Brew of Keen-eyeness (+1 to hit) - 325
- Dragon Breath, War Engine - 90
- Mage, Hero, Bane Chant (2), Fireball (10) - 100  

6 Drakon Riders, Horde, Brew of Haste (+1 Speed) - 285
- Drakon Lord, Hero, Ensorcelled Armour - 195

6 Drakon Riders, Horde, Maccwar’s Potion of the Caterpillar (Pathfinder) - 290
- Drakon Lord, Hero, Medallion of Life - 195
  
The scenario for round 1 was: Pillage!

Game 2 - Ogres - Tim

Elves vs Ogres


Deployment

Tim had:

20 Red Goblins, Regiment - 85 
20 Red Goblins, Regiment - 85 
20 Red Goblins, Regiment - 85 

6 Warriors, Horde - 200
- Warlord, Hero, Crepognon’s Scrying Gem of Zellak - 205

3 Warriors, Regiment - 130
- Army Standard, Hero - 70

6 Berserker Braves, Horde - 230
- Army Standard, Hero - 70
 
3 Berserker Braves, Regiment -150

6 Shooters, Horde - 230
6 Shooters, Horde - 230

6 Boomers, Horde - 230

The scenario for round 2 was: Dominate.

Game 3 - Varangur - Michael

Elves vs Varangur

Deployment


Michael had:

40 Bloodsworn, Horde, Crepognon’s Scrying Gem of Zellak, Headstrong and Fury - 280
- Warband, Troop - 70
- Cavern Dweller, Monster - 205
- Magus Conclave, War Engine - 100
- Magus, Hero, Lightning Bolt (4), Bane Chant (2), Inspiring Talisman - 120

20 Sons of Korgaan, Regiment, Fire-Oil, Headstrong and Fury - 235
- Tundra Wolves, Troop - 110
- King on Chimera, Hero, Ensorcelled Armor, Lifeleech (1) - 355

6 The Fallen, Horde, Brew of Strength - 270
- Herja - 260

If you haven't checked the results yet (I hope you didn't!) then I am curious about your predictions. :) I will do my best to provide the reports as soon as possible but please, be patient!

Cheers!


  
  

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to predict a win in round one and three and a loss in round two. This might be a reflection of my own poor performance against ogres though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sean!

      Thanks for the prediction cast! It was my first game against Ogres and these shooters looked really tough. What I like about them is that they are also very good in melee, the sheer amount of the attacks and CS(1) will always do the damage!

      Cheers!

      Delete
  2. I predict that you do well in game 1 and 3. You have so many more drops. Game 2 I am not sure, so I predict a draw :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It is interesting that you guys predict good performance game 1. I though Mark's army looked stronger with really good shooting and quite a few drakon riders :)

      I will do my best to have the first report done during the weekend.

      Cheers!

      Delete