Tuesday 15 November 2016

3d6 October - Summary

Greetings!

Here is a short summary of my experiences during my second event with Kings of War. I was glad I could attend and even more so that we had 8 players participating. It may not look as a lot but the initial numbers were not promising at all so many thanks to the participants who made it!

Player's Pack

We used Clash of Kings player's pack and I must say I really like it. It was also good to have some practice before the Australian Clash of Kings that is going to take place in January 2017. 

I am in particular happy that I managed to play with Chess Clocks and in all games I still had a few minutes left. I know I need to speed up my game further, especially the deployment part. It is a new challenge for me but I hope to get even better and come up with good deployment and game plans, despite very little time to make them. And it is good to see that it does not take away from the game experience at all. In fact, it adds a bit of pressure which turns out to be a good thing. 

I was glad it was at 2000 points too. Allows for quicker games and there was space for maneuvers too. Definitely my favorite format.  

Terrain/Tables

Once again the tables seemed to be uneven a bit. I ended up playing on three different battle fields and in general I had no objections to the terrain and its set up. However, I think it would have been better to have more variety of terrain on each table. 

Armies represented

This time the variety was not as large as in the case of my previous event but I think the composition of the forces was different enough that armies from the same list looked significantly different. A good example was featured in my first game when we both fielded Elven forces but with totally different approach. In the end the final standings were as follows:

1. Varangur
2. Ogres
3. Elves
4. Ogres
5. Elves
6. Elves
7. The Trident Realms of Neritica
8. The Empire of Dust

Army List - Observations

I was testing some additional options with the army and I am very happy with them First, second Army Standard really helps. I can now spread my forces better and have a chance to cover all units with Inspire range. I haven't used them much in that role but Army Standards will also be useful as blockers. 

I was initially skeptical about the Chariots but I am nicely surprised. They are what I like a lot, very flexible and can participate in different phases of the game. I haven't used them well yet but I like them a lot and will do my best to paint them to an appropriate level.

The overall result was not great, I was 6th and the massacre in the game 3 knocked me down from 2nd/3rd. It is to be expected in a small even with 3 games. I got 1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss. Each game thought me something and I enjoyed playing against all my opponents. That is the most important part! 

Once again, many thanks to the Three D6 crew for organizing the event and to all participants for making it a very nice tournament indeed!

Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment