Sunday 22 March 2020

Monster March 4 - Part 4

Greetings!

Time for another weekly update on the progress of Monster March 4 painting challenge! We have only one week left but some of the participants are either almost there or have already finished their projects!

I know it is quite a difficult time for many so I hope this painting challenge provides much needed distraction. Or simply the way to cope with the things that are often out of our control.

That is why I would like to thank all of you who are participating in this challenge, no mater if you posted any photos of your progress or not. I would like to encourage you to keep going. It helps me a lot to keep calmer and I believe it may be a good way to brave through whatever you may be going through at the moment.

If you had some break in painting that is ok too. There is never too late to come back or even start something new! The intention of the challenge is to encourage you to keep painting no matter what! :)

Let's see what the participants prepared in the last week!


Cylde - Eldar Void Dragon Phoenix

Cylde has just completed his project and for me, it is a true work of art! He simply used the model as a canvas for a fantastic painting. It is truly beautifully and originally painted Eldar model and I am really grateful that Cylde decided to participate in the challenge again. 

Amazing!

There are many more pictures of this fantastic model on Cylde's blog so make sure to visit it and leave a comment this Eldar Void Dragon Phoenix deserves!

Mastodontica - Monster March 4 Final

DAM - Legio Ignatum Warlord Titan

DAM had some interesting situation during the process of painting but he quickly overcame the temporary obstacle and moved forward as steadily and purposefully as his Titan! 

Warlord Titan - almost finished!

DAM is perfectly on the schedule with his project and as you can see, only the base is left unfinished. I strongly recommend that you visit his blogs for more details, as you would definitely benefit from his experience!

262nd Death Korps of Krieg - Monster March 4 update

Ed O'Malley - Adeptus Custodes Dreadnought

Ed has finished his Dreadnought just after I posted the update last week! And he immediately moved to working on another Dreadnought model, because why not! Well done Ed! Good initiative and great momentum. 

Really cool looking model!

I think Ed did fantastic job on this model and you should absolutely visit his blog to check more photos as well as to see which Dreadnought was picked as a stretch goal!


Sam - Mindstealer Sphiranx


Sam has only started to work on three models of different Sphiranxes and the first one in line is this incarnation:

Intriguing!

It looks to me as Sam added wings and other elements from what I know as Tomb King Sphinx. Very intriguing choice and I can't wait to see further progress on this mysterious model!

Sav Gaglio - Daemon Prince

Sav's Prince is also almost finished and I must admit I admire the fact he chose pale skin for his model, as this is quite challenging to paint. Darker colors can be highlighted in a much easier way. Well done Sav!

Almost there!

Vince - Phoenix

Vince is making a steady progress on his Phoenix and every time he posts a new update on his project I am more and more tempted by this model! :)

Looking good!

Please don't forget to visit Vince's blog!

Vince on all things Kings of War - Monster March 4 Update


Swordmaster - Drakon Lord(s)

I am happy to say that I kept on going with painting and I have made some progress on the second model. Griffon aka Drakon is now finished and in the last week I will attempt to finish painting the Lord on top of it. I am going to paint the armor and lance in exactly the same way but I would like to experiment with red cloak and banner. It will be interesting experiment for sure!

There are two now!

Once again, many thanks to those who sent the photos and congratulations to those who have already finished their projects!
Do not worry if you had a break or have just started! It is perfectly fine and there are some days left to pick up the brush and continue with your project!

I will see you next week for the final update!

8 comments:

  1. That Custodes Dreadnought is amazing! It's good to see the Warlord Titan on its feet as well, the story behind that project is as epic as the model. I have only just posted my first bit of progress: https://oldschoolg4m1ng.blogspot.com/2020/03/monster-march-week-4-progress.html?fbclid=IwAR1eYs5DWVZv8YakxLCkXubLyyr-B00NX_KP88nhjWWv9qTLZQdjF-08R7Y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marc!

      I totally agree! Not only a great model, perfect execution of the project idea but also a fantastic story!

      Also, well done on completing your project too!

      Delete
  2. Is it too late to join in?
    I posted some comments on an older post but I think they got eaten (or lost in a spam filter?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Remy!

      First of all, I am really sorry your comment got lost :( I really don't know what has happened and if I missed it, I do apologize!

      However, there is never too late so please let me know what kind of model you are painting and send me some photos on swordmasterofhoeth@gmail.com and I will be more than happy to feature your project in the next update!

      Cheers!

      Delete
    2. Cheres! We chatted on the KOW forum too (As I was worried this comment too might get lost, hehe). But here's the blog post "response" to this rather than an email, thought that would be ok?
      https://collectinggreen.home.blog/2020/03/23/painting-a-shieldwolf-goblin-wartoad-rider/
      But feel free to grab the photos of course :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Indeed! I am truly grateful to all participants for their fantastic contributions!

      Delete